Patient Reference Group (PRG)
Our Patient Reference Group is composed of a small group of patients and staff from The Nelson Medical Practice who work together to foster an approach of partnership amongst all of those who work and use the services that are provided by the practice. We have listed some of our objectives:
- The PRG’s objects are to represent the needs, concerns and interests of patients by consulting and working collaboratively with the Nelson Medical Practice about the services and facilities provided.
- Acting as a “sounding board” for doctors and surgery staff, and to be a two-way channel of communication in the provision and development of healthcare services.
- We will seek patients’ views, make suggestions to the doctors and surgery staff for improvement, and act as a critical friend.
- Assisting the practice by keeping patients informed about issues affecting its work and encourage patients to take an active interest in their health.
- Facilitate links with voluntary groups and services within the community.
Patient Participation Group (PPG)
Our virtual Patient Participation Group are patients who help us to gauge how well we are doing. We periodically send out emails to our Patient Participation Group asking for feedback on our services and how we’re performing generally.
If you would like to take part simply fill in the details on the Patient Group Sign-Up Form and we will add your email address to our contact list.